Monday, February 3, 2014

HEY MISTER CHRYSLER SALESMAN SELL A CAR FOR ME

Hey Mister Chrysler salesman sell a car for me
I'm not rich enough so let me make a buck or two
Hey Mister Chrysler salesman sell a car or three
For some jingle-jangle chump change he'll come barking at you.


Take me disappearing like the shorelines in your mind
Down the fracked-out ruins of mines, far past deforest'd leaves
The oil-wells' fallen trees, out to the flooded beach
Far from the twisted reach of global warming.


Yes to dance beneath the smog-filled sky with hand brakes waving free
Soot and exhaust in the sea, circled by the oil-stained sands
With all conscience and all fate gushing oil into the waves
Let me forget about the earth until I'm paid.


Hey Mister Chrysler salesman hawk a car for me
I'm not rich enough so let me make make more money
Hey Mister Gas-guzzler sell a car or three
For some jingle-jangle chump change I'll kill otters for you.




No comments: